Web Starter Packs
for Small Businesses
Equivalent to less than £12.50 a month+ for a two year small business web site, can you afford to be without one?
+ based on an initial payment of £150 on order for a two year contract with a second payment of £149 when the site goes live
I love the web site, it was just what I wanted
Starter Pack Details
A starter pack is especially designed to provide a low cost web site for the small business or organisation just starting out on the web. By providing a simple offering, we keep the cost low whilst including everything that you need to get on the web and make your presence felt.
Included in the base offering is the following :-
- Purchase, on your behalf for 2 years, of an available .co.uk or .org.uk domain name, and management of that domain name in order to
- Route up to 5 e-mail addresses related to that domain name to e-mail addresses of your choice
- Route firstname.lastname@example.org to Hartley Consultants to manage requests related to your web site
- Route the remainder of the e-mail addresses to an e-mail address of your choice
- Point the raw domain name and www subdomain at your web site.
- Domain name remains yours at the end of the contract with us and you may renew or move the name elsewhere as you wish.
- Set up a web site on a Hartley Consultants managed server and manage the operation of that web site for 2 years
- Choose from over 30 different standard templates (hover your mouse over the thumbnails on the right to show a a larger version in the main picture area, and then click on the thumbnail or the main picture to explore an example of a dummy site using that template. Hovering the mouse over the main picture will pause the slide show)
- Using a pre-established questionaire to help establish the basic objectives, Hartley Consultants will draft an initial version of the pages (see below) for you to approve.
- Your own logo in the header (assuming the chosen template provides it)
- A “Contact Us” page, similar to the one on this site, containing the details that you provide of how people may contact you together with a form which people may fill in with simple query. The contents of this message will be e-mailed to you so you can respond.
- A “Home” page which gives the details about your business or organisation.
- 2 x “Case Study” pages each of which can have up to 8 hover thumbnail pictures (which then display in a larger size as the mouse hovers over them - similar to the example on the right) and attached text (which may also have embedded pictures) describing either a product or service that you offer or provided a particular client, or any other appropriate content, such as events etc. It is your responsibility to provide the pictures and approve the draft text, although we will resize the pictures and format the page to provide a consistency between the case studies. See this example at J & B O'Brien to see how a case study is laid out in practice.
- Although the basic web site will be formatted as defined by the templates, there are various aspects which may be tailored to meet your specific requirements. Provided significant travel is not involved, a face to face meeting with a Hartley Consultants designer to discuss this in more detail is provided. For geographically remote clients alternative means to confirm the needs will be used.
- On going point of contact to discuss enhancements or future needs.
NOTE: This offering is made on the basis that the web site being set up will be used for legitimate, normal business purposes of a small local business or organisation and therefore assumes that web site traffic will be reasonable for a business of this size. Should the nature of your business or organisation not be (or cease to be) of this nature, Hartley Consultants reserves the right to request that you upgrade your hosting services to something more appropriate.
If your requirements cannot be met with the starter pack then feel free to contact us for a quote for something more suited to your needs. For a proportionate fee we can add additional pages to the site, or if you wish to go further still create a web site specifically to your requirements.
If your requirements for a web site are more advanced than offered with our basic starter pack, then Hartley Consultants can help by tailoring a solution to your needs.
At the simplest level, this could be a extensions to our starter packs to customise the layout of the site to your specific needs (very much along the lines of this web site itself). The starter packers were developed initially using the Drupal Content Management Framework, and with our experience of this software you can take advantage of its capabilities to meet complex requirements.
But Drupal isn't the only solution, and there may be others that are more suited to your needs. Please contact us for more information
As with the starter packs, these slightly more advanced solutions assume web traffic is low enough for good performance on a shared hosting platform. If your site expects significant traffic, then we can (through our hosting partner) offer larger platforms, including computer systems dedicated to you, but managed on your behalf.